You see them everywhere - all round you, in varying intensities, at different levels,the vibes keep leaping at you even as you anticipate their arrival & try dodging.
Envy, ego, comparison, meanness, rivalry - the reasons vary but the vibes exist, no matter where you are. You gasp for a whiff of positive energy, for optimism, for a spirit of goodness & struggle to unite all these forces to ward off the negativity, if not displace the latter altogether.
Why, you wonder, do such vibes even exist? Why can't the universe as a whole constitute towards well being, while we as a whole unit, move on with hope & well-being?
Why do individuals fail to anticipate the unhealthy impact that negativity generates? What makes one tilt the balance toward building up hostility, pessimism, negation, greed, antipathy, selfishness, & sadism?
Agreed, that it's extremely utopian to conjure a vision of mere positive feelings, but is it too much to ask for if I were to suggest that we consciously make an effort to suppress the pessimism?
The negativity need not even be directed towards another - i would think it's a ruthless excercise to even run it through oneself - equivalent to committing suicide!
It's a known fact that all of us are destined to die at some point of time - why not make it a point to channelize our actions and thoughts towards some kind of nobler vision rather than be lost in meaningless discordance?
Moi came across an article about a rapist in NewDelhi who had molested minor girls in his own family - his mom was among the first persons who shared the opinion that the man be handed over to the general public so that he could be stoned to death. How do criminals become what they are? Where does the fault lie? Is it in the legal system (the lack of proper enforcement) or because of corruption that's rampant in our society? Why cannot self-discipline come naturally to each one of us?
Time and again I am reminded of what I was taught right from kindergarden and at home - (translated from telugu/tamil) "one can chose to live either in the most erratic fashion possible or in a structured, disciplined manner...." - invariably the sentence would be left hanging in mid-air & I never really understood the significance of it back then (atleast not as much as i do now)....
Guess you are what you want to be - & like I've always maintained - everything is a mind set - make up your mind to be happy, to generate positivity & live life to the fullest! After all, life is beautiful :))))
4 comments:
ivlo nalla post ku no comments..too bad..
Good post..I've wondered that sometimes myself about why people need to be so negative. Whay can't they just take a step back and look at the bigger picture and try to help the other people out. I''ve had these same conversations in a highly competitive lab I was in, and when I preach about being positive, they would go "don't be a loser..if you dont pull somebody down, he'll pull you down eventually, so it's your choice".
From a philosophical stand point, if you find yourself being more positive than others around you, then you should consider yourself lucky. Because I have found that there are situations/circumstances where the negativity shows its face intermittently in me and I feel like "what am I doing, this is not me". But maybe it is me and maybe it's a different vantage point that I am in from the positive me.
Aha....
PB- nakkal'ku kurachale illa...
Rum - ishtaap it...u can start spreadin the good vibes by sending me bakshanams after ur bro's wdng :P
Dinesh - Nee oru uttaman'nu enakku eppovo purinjiduthu....;)
Asoku - whos the "dhosth" i wonder.....
@hey whatever
unnai parati pesina namba maatiya..be +ve ladies
appuram innour matter..Ashok has only oe dhoshth..mathavanga ellam maranthitan.
Post a Comment